It is very prominent that air pollution is all around us. With each breath, you all are most likely inhaling minute particles that bother your heart, brain, and lungs. All of us must find out some way or the other to beat air pollution. World Environment Day is issuing a category in 2019to combat this worldwide disaster.
We have to face a vital job. Nine people out of ten (globally) are open to the elements of air pollution. These exceed the safety level of the World Health Organization. Approximately seven million people globally die a premature death every year due to air pollution. Air contamination causes a bunch of other problems.
These may include breathing problems and certain illness. It not only just harms human wellbeing and monetary growth but many pollutants even cause global problems. Air pollution can be prevented. But what we all need is to get on the same plank, may it be individuals, private organization or government institute.
Importance of World Environment Day
World environment day is celebrated every year on 5th of June on over 100 countries. But taking care of the environment is not only for a day. We can start it any day. This year we have got the opportunity to combat air pollution all over the globe.
There are a lot of things to do, starting from walking/cycling to work, recycling inorganic wastes and pressurizing local system in improving the greenery. Some other ideas are:
- Switch off the lights and electronic items which are not in use.
- Check the efficiency ratings of the household appliances so that the better quality goods can be purchased. The goods which help in saving money and protects live must be purchased.
- Burning trash directly contributes to air pollution. So try avoiding it.
Why 5th June is celebrated as World Environment Day?
Humans are creatures as well as a molder of their surroundings. This gives them physical nutrition and gives them the chance for intelligence, ethical, communal and religious development. In the lengthy and indirect development of the living being on this globe, a phase has come when the fact speeding up of knowledge and skill has given humans the supremacy to convert the environment. This can be done in a number of ways and on an extraordinary level.
The United Nations states that the safety and development of the human environment is a big issue. This imbalance of development affects the welfare of human beings and the economy. Thus 5 June is designated as the World Environment Day for attempting to develop the surrounding. Students play the most important role in saving the environment.
Causes of air pollution
Air pollution is caused by different sectors and departments.
- Industry – In different countries, the production of energy is a chief mode of air pollution. Burning of coal in power plants acts as a major contributor, even as diesel generators in off-grid places are of growing fear.
- Transport – The worldwide transport zone is responsible for almost a quarter of energy released consisting of carbon dioxide. This part is rising day by day. Emissions from transportation have caused near about 4, 00,000 early deaths.
- Agriculture – The two main sources of air pollution are livestock and burning of agricultural waste. Livestock produces methane. The burning of agricultural waste leads to the production of ammonia. Roundabout 24 percent of the emitted greenhouse gases around the globe comes from forestry, agriculture and other uses on the land.
- Waste – The burning of land trash and raw waste in the land release injurious dioxins, methane, furans and carbon particles into nature. Worldwide about 40 percent of the wastes are burned. This burning has led to huge damage to life and property.
“Beat Air Pollution”- theme for World Environment Day 2019
Each year World Environment Day is planned based on a theme that focuses on mainly environmental concern. The theme for the year 2019 is “Beat Air Pollution”. This is a call to awaken everyone and encourage them to take action against this global crisis.
The topic is chosen by China (the host of this year). The topic of the year invites all of us to think about how to alter our everyday schedule. The schedule must be such that it helps in the reduction of air pollution.